Media
Latest News
Torrance firefighters are investigating the cause of a fire Saturday morning at the Torrance Refining Co. complex.
Three dozen firefighters were dispatched to the refinery about 6 a.m. after getting reports of an explosion. They extinguished the blaze within a half hour, said Torrance Fire Capt. Robert Millea. City officials later issued an alert saying that there was "no offsite impact."
State and county health officials were also at the site, Millea said.
On a day when activists marked the two-year anniversary of an explosion that rocked the then-ExxonMobil refinery and showered neighborhoods with industrial debris, another fire erupted at the troubled Torrance plant early Saturday.
"Another fire? Really?" read one of the signs carried by chanting marchers who endured a steady downpour to protest the use of toxic hydrofluoric acid at the refinery. Organizers estimated the crowd size at more than 400.
California Democratic Congressman Ted Lieu on Friday asked the House Oversight Committee to launch an investigation into President Donald Trump's use of an insecure Android smartphone. Trump's well-documented attachment to the device is, Lieu says, a threat to national security.
In the aftermath of America's Most Baffling Press Conference, let's cut to the chase: People are calling out Trump and his administration in meaningful, productive ways all across the land. Here's what went down:
Democratic members of Congress are formally asking the House Oversight Committee to look into allegations of lax security practices in the Trump Administration.
Remember the unsecured Android handset that newly minted President Trump gave up, but then apparently didn't actually give up? Things had seemingly gone silent on that front as the world took some time out to focus on the rest of the deluge of insanity that is politics in 2017.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICYMI: REP. LIEU LISTED ON THE HILL'S "16 PEOPLE TO WATCH IN TECH"
Online at The Hill, Mr. Lieu is named one of sixteen people to watch in tech
President Donald Trump may still beusing an unsecure Android smartphone, much to the chagrin of security professionals and at least one congressman, who is now calling for an investigation into the President's devices and cybersecurity practices.
It was revealed late last month that President Donald Trump had refused to give up his old Android phone. I pointed out at the time how the president using any non-secure phone was a bad idea, but the gravity of the situation has become apparent since then. More than a dozen members of Congress are now demanding an investigation of Trump's phone usage.