Youth Advisory Council
Congressman Ted W. Lieu (D-Los Angeles County) announced that applications for the 33rd Congressional District’s inaugural Youth Advisory Council (YAC) will be accepted through Dec. 15. Students will have a chance to meet with a diverse group of peers from their community to discuss issues of importance and consider ways of getting involved locally. The YAC will work directly with staff in Rep. Lieu’s office to collaborate on key issues for young people in California’s 33rd district. Students in 9th through 12th grade that live or attend school in the district are eligible to apply.
“One of the things I love about our district is that we have so many young people committed to service and making the world a better place. Whenever I have the chance to meet with students in our community, I’m always in awe of how passionate they are about a diverse set of issues. I created this Youth Advisory Council so our district’s students can have a forum to gather to talk about critical issues and channel their passion into action. I am really looking forward to kicking off our Youth Advisory Council and learning from our community’s best and brightest students!”
Deadline: December 15, 2017
- An official high school transcript
- Letters of recommendation
- One-page essay explaining why you wish to be a member of the Council
- Signed consent form
- 2017 Application
- This will be a student driven council
- There will be at least 5-6 meetings with staff per year, but more meetings may occur based on the student makeup
- Students will be appointed to a two-year term
- The purpose of the council will depend on the students selected
- No more than one student per school will be selected
Please contact Ashley Fumiko Dominguez, Special Projects and Events Supervisor, at email@example.com or (323) 651-1040.