Service Academy Nominations
The honor of attending a United States Service Academy comes with the obligation to serve in the Military for at least nine years, including four years at the Academy and five years with the Service.
For more information, please review the page Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Service Academy Nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. Military Academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2021 Service Academy Nomination Cycle.
All applications must be received by 5:00 pm on October 16, 2020. All students will be scheduled for an interview on October 31, 2020.
To request a Military Academy Nomination from our office, please submit a complete application that includes:
- 3 letters of recommendation (at least 2 academic)
- Official high school transcript
- Official SAT or ACT scores (SAT school code: 7199 / ACT school code: 7272).
- PLEASE NOTE: It is optional to submit test score information. If you are unable to take the SAT/ACT test by the application deadline, please put NA in the application form. This will not be counted against you.
- One-page essay explaining why you wish to attend a Service Academy
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- Current photo
- Completed application form
- Please inlude copies of any Letters of Assurance (LOA) or Letters of Encouragement (LOE) you may have received from the Service Academies in your application.
Mailing address: 1645 Corinth Avenue, Suite 101, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Please do not hesitate to contact our office at (323) 651-1040 or ServiceAcademyNOM.Lieu@mail.house.gov should you have any questions.
Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.