REP LIEU STATEMENT ON HOUSE PASSAGE OF MASSIVE ANTI-CORRUPTION BILL
WASHINGTON - Today, Congressman Ted W. Lieu (D-Los Angeles County) issued the following statement after the House passed H.R.1, the For The People Act, an anti-corruption package aimed at restoring integrity to government by making it easier to vote and ensuring government serves the public interest.
- Expanding automatic voter registration and same day registration.
- Strengthening vote by mail, early voting and ballot access.
- Combating voter intimidation and voter suppression.
- Protecting elections from foreign interference.
- Fixing partisan gerrymandering.
- Promoting digital ad transparency.
- Forcing disclosure of dark money.
- Reining in lobbyist influence.
- Enforcing ethics and conflict of interest rules for all government officials.
- Empowering small donors with matching funds paid for by lawbreakers, not taxpayers.