REP LIEU APPLAUDS PASSAGE OF MASSIVE BIPARTISAN INFRASTRUCTURE PACKAGE
WASHINGTON - Today, Congressman Ted W. Lieu (D-Los Angeles County) issued the following statement after the House passed the Senate’s bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, and began the process of voting on the Build Back Better Act. The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act will now go to the President’s desk to be signed into law. The Build Back Better Act is expected to receive a formal vote in the near future. The bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act will repair and modernize crumbling and outdated infrastructure across the nation, ensuring all American communities have the infrastructure to succeed in the 21st Century economy and ending bottlenecks that add needless delays and costs for businesses bringing products to market and families traveling to school or work.
“For four years, the former President couldn’t get this done. Democrats and President Biden just delivered a massive, bipartisan infrastructure law that will create millions of jobs and rebuild our infrastructure. Democrats deliver for the people.”
This Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill will:
- Rebuild roads and bridges nationwide, including the largest bridge investment since the construction of the interstate highway system seven decades ago;
- Deliver clean drinking water to ten million families and more than 400,000 schools and child care facilities nationwide with the largest-ever investment in American water infrastructure to replace lead pipes and service lines across the nation;
- Help clean up legacy pollution, which is an important step in advancing environmental justice;
- Expand access to reliable high-speed internet to help more families get online to work and learn;
- Make historic improvements to public transit, with the largest federal investment in American history and the largest federal investment in passenger rail since the creation of Amtrak; and
- Support action to address the climate crisis, making down-payments on clean energy transmission, a clean and resilient electric grid, electric vehicle infrastructure and more.