DEMOCRATIC LEADER PELOSI LEADS CONGRESSIONAL DELEGATION TO CHINA
Washington – Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi is leading a Congressional delegation trip to China, departing today and focusing on economic growth, national security and cyber security issues, human rights and the importance of bold action to reduce carbon pollution.
“Our delegation travels to China seeking to expand cooperation between our nations in advancing economic growth and confronting the climate crisis that threatens our world,” said Leader Pelosi. “Our Members will also seek to engage in constructive dialogue on human rights, cyber threats, and other national security and stability issues of concern.”
The delegation will meet with local Chinese government officials, students, and civil society.
In addition to Leader Pelosi, the Members of the delegation are:
- Congressman Jim McGovern (D-MA), Co-Chair, Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission; Member, Agriculture Committee, Rules Committee
- Congresswoman Betty McCollum (D-MN), Appropriations Committee
- Congressman Timothy Walz (D-MN), Armed Services Committee, Agriculture Committee, Veterans Affairs Committee; Congressional-Executive Commission on the People’s Republic of China
- Congresswoman Joyce Beatty (D-OH), Member, Financial Services Committee
- Congressman Alan Lowenthal (D-CA), Foreign Affairs Committee, Natural Resources Committee
- Congressman Ted Lieu (D-CA), Budget Committee, Oversight and Government Reform Committee; Congressional-Executive Commission on the People’s Republic of China
# # #